As we alluded to in this post on the best times to send emails, timing isn’t the only factor that you could be–or should be–testing to get more ROI from your email marketing. In fact, segmentation is a fantastic avenue to explore.
Segmentation offers a whole slew of benefits. According to data from Lyris, by using email marketing segmentation:
- 39% of marketers increased email open rates.
- 28% lowered opt-out/unsubscribe rates.
- 24% experienced greater revenue.
- 24% increased sales leads.
- 21% experienced greater customer retention.
- 18% reported a greater number of transactions.
Why pass up the opportunity to make your marketing more effective, generate more leads and close more sales?
So, let’s dive into email segmentation. Here are 4 ways that you could segment your emails and how each method has benefited real-life businesses.