Whittington Consulting, a digital agency based in Richmond, Virginia, is looking for a full time web designer to create conversion-optimized websites on Wordpress and HubSpot COS. Read more about the position below.
Web Designers are responsible for designing client websites at Whittington Consulting. Web Designers are tasked with leading the ideation and discovery process with clients, leading design and production, then the handoff of websites and web application user interfaces to a Web Developer.
Web Designers create web and UX designs, including web sites, individual web pages, landing pages and emails.
Senior Web Designers can work on projects for web design clients and ongoing marketing clients, and project size can range from the redesign of a corporate website to single page designs to support a marketing campaign or client.
- Create beautiful, highly functional websites that help clients generate new customers
- Design wireframes and visual designs for new websites, web pages, emails, ad banners/call to action banners, etc. using Adobe Creative Suite or Adobe Creative Cloud
- Analyze client websites and propose visual solutions to improve the user experience
- Analyze client websites and propose visual solutions to improve website conversion and lead generation
- Translate key marketing messages into customer-facing user interfaces using a combination of brand standards, customer personas and client business goals
- Present designs verbally to clients and clearly explain why design decisions are made
- Help set project schedules and advise on timing decisions should shifts in project schedules be needed
- Work directly with a Web Developer to explain user interface elements, visual requirements and functional requirements so coding can be completed
- Provide graphics and support concerning UX and UI to both web developers and marketing team members
- Provide input during client review and approval process for web design projects
- Follow server file storage and naming conventions and keep design files organized by client account
- Participate in daily “stand-up” meetings to discuss and log design-related requests in the project management system
- Keep project team updated on status, deadlines and issues that arise during the web design process
- Keep up to date with the latest web design technologies and techniques in order to discuss them for inclusion within our website projects
- Drive consistent web design standards and approaches throughout the team
- Support business team with pre-sale activities, including determining level of effort for web design in client/prospect quotations and proposals
- BS/BA degree in graphic design related field
- At least 2 years of experience designing highly-functional websites
- At least 1 year of experience in an agency setting is preferred
- At least 1 year of designing websites that are built to generate leads
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving skills — can solve problems independently
- Light HTML and CSS expertise a plus
- At least 2 years experience with Adobe Creative Suite or Creative Cloud — specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign (we design all website mockups in Photoshop)
- Can communicate confidently with technical staff members and in layman’s terms with peers inside the agency
- Reliable, flexible and cooperative
- Diplomatic and tactful
- Personable and approachable, with an enthusiastic and motivational nature and an overall passion for excellence
- Analytical and inquisitive, with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to stay organized in a dynamic work environment while working on projects of varying complexity
- Alignment with Whittington Consulting’s core values
- Humility, drive, and a strong desire to learn and grow professionally
30 & 60 Day Expectations for this role
- 30 Days – Inbound Certification complete, contributing to client projects
60 Days – Full knowledge of the Whittington Consulting web design process and able to successfully complete all requirements of the position
- Comprehensive health, dental and vision coverage
We pay 100% of your premiums.
- Free downtown parking
Comes in handy for work or weekends out on the town, too.
- Paid time off and flexible work environment
Vacation and sick time, and work from home occasionally.
- Open door policy and respect
We value constructive communication, ideas and let employees do what’s needed to get their jobs done well.
At Whittington Consulting, we provide digital marketing services; we use website optimization and inbound marketing to help companies earn thought leadership online and win new business.
Show us your development expertise by sending your resume, cover letter and portfolio to email@example.com with the subject line “Web Designer.”